Thursday, October 28, 2010

Gone but not forgotten

Sat down with Whit on Sunday. Explain four rules that if she continued to live here would have to be followed.
1. No more stray men at our home.  Don't expect us to feed them for free.
2. Got on SSI. You more than qualify. You don't seem able to keep a job for longer than a week. You need to be self-sufficient and paying your child support and your own car insurance. (Notice I did not say helping up with the bills that she and her 'friends' run up)
3. Get on food stamps. We can no longer afford to feed you and your friends.
4. Be a decent person. Tell the truth. Respect the fact that this is our home. Come in at a reasonable time. Don't sleep all day. Help around the house daily. You know what needs to be done.

Did you notice that I did not say pay rent? Pay part of the utility bill, water bill, trash pick-up bill? What I asked for is reasonable, certainly easy to live by. She chose not to try to live by these rules, so she left. Been gone four days. Has not made a phone call to let us know she is ok. Hope that you have not been captured by that gang over in Katy.

Your dad and I love you. We love you as much as we love your sisters.We don't understand the choices you make. We don't understand why you have told some of your friends that I kicked you out. Those rules were made with your dad's contribution. His input. We just can not live with you acting like a wild teenager.

I love you. You are my daughter. I want a better life for you than the one you have chosen for yourself.

No comments: