Thursday, January 20, 2011

A January Thursday

Each month I have a theme in the house. January is snowmen. I have snowmen hand towels, snowmen trivets, snowmen candy dish and so on. I have snowmen cutouts on the bathroom mirror.

February is...You got it! Valentines.

Instead of having a candy dish full of candy that I rather would not eat but would (candy calls my name), I found a happy alternative. Come morning snack time, I placed blackberries in the dish. My local HEB grocery store has them on sale (5 packages for 5 dollars). As I came and went from errands in the house, I would grab a few. Here is an example: dryer stops. Grabbed two. Folded the clothes. Grabbed 2 more on way to put up the clothes. So as I did the housework, I snacked on fruit instead of whatever I could find.

Tonight, before going to bed, I am going to cut up a banana and freeze it. Then tomorrow I will lay out the banana slices on the candy dish to snack on.

Rained today so no exercise. I talked to my nephew whose young daughter got trapped between the wall and the tred machine while the babysitter was using it. She is missing a large amount of skin on her right hand, right upper arm, some off her neck and chin. Wes has always told me to never use the tred machine when our grandson is around. Reasoning was that the belt walkway creates a suction that can pull him under since he is so little. I am just so sorry that my great niece is having to go thru this.

No comments: