Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year, New Recipes, New Everything

I really slacked off in 2011. I allowed other people, other stuff have more control over my time. Except for 10 weeks. I went to Colorado and spent 6 weeks with my new grandson and what fun I did have with the little fellow. Then another 4 weeks spent in San Antonio with my youngest daughter. Just a me and her time whenever she wasn't working. It was so nice to just be with her and getting to know her as an adult, if you can call a college student an adult. Ha.

Of course, keeping the other grandson as part of a child custody agreement takes other time away but he is three years old and is such a blast to keep. He is so fun and soooo busy.

Ok, now I think my New Years resolutions will be easier to keep. I have the goals attainable and not challenging hard. Wonder if you would, if you make your goals (do you make too many) so challenging you find it easier not reach or work to attain them. So here are my goals for 2012:

1. Complete all work, manuscript on Zanita's Story, as guided by Book In A Month by Victoria L. Schmidt, Ph. D
Attainable - yes. I will be done in 30 days.
2. Lose 20 pounds.
Attainable - yes, this is a little less than 2 pounds a months.
3. Exercise 3 to 5 days a week.
Attainable - yes. Get out my camera and take photos of the area around my home. Rainy days I will walk the nearby mall.
4. Watch less tv.
Attainable - yes, choose which shows that are truly enjoyable to me. On days that there are no programs I like will give me time to work on Zanita's Story rewrites, do research for the story or just read that book I always wanted to read.
5. Celebrate each time I have reached a goal.
Attainable - yes, I can by myself a new cookbook, or subscribe to a magazine I want or purchase a new book to read.

No comments: