Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A new year, a new post, resolutions not to drop

This is my first post for the new 2011 year. I have been pondering changes to this blog and the reasons for the changes. I would like to increase the traffic. I would like the blog to be more meaningful, more insightful and have useful information for people.

Resolutions: according to the dictionary.com site, a resolution is a mental resolve. Nearly all resolutions are for the betterment of ourself. Are we not mentally strong enough to keep these resolves?  Why do we not keep them. Perhaps we make the wrong type of resolution? Perhaps we just need to change the focus of the resolution to one that is more attainable. I got this idea from another website: ronisweigh.com
I think she hit the right button proposing making a more reasonable and very attainable resolutions. She proposes not to make the resolution to lose so many pounds by some date. Roni says to "forget perfect" but commit to making "small changes".

So my first resolution will be to continue going to Weight Watcher meetings each week.

Next Roni talks about being accountable. Find a tribe, a group of like minded people with same goals who would encourage you. I have a small tribe. Two friends who pay for the meetings. That gives me a total of three best friends. I am so blessed to have friends that really care about me, my health.

That being said, my second resolution will be to grow my tribe through my blog. I will include my favorite Weight Watchers meals, website etc. But that is not to say that my blog is becoming only a WW blog. I am just sharing the things that are important to me.

In closing, I find that I have made two new year resolutions that are attainable. I have more to do for I want more than two. Taking small steps, one small step at a time.

No comments: